Monday, May 24, 2021

Tree Lined Edge Treat Bag (Great for Father's Day Gift Packaging)!

 




Hello Outdoor Lovers! Or crafters who have Outdoorsmen/women in their lives (like me)!

Before I get into this nature-y treat bag blog post, let me just say I edited the livestream down to just the tutorial, but forgot to layer in background music when I speed up certain parts of the video. Forgive me!



Aren't they fun?! Great for the nature lover, outdoorsman/woman or upcoming treat packaging for Father's Day! 

TREAT BAG MEASUREMENTS! - The same as the Scalloped Treat Bag Tutorial from last week. I will include pictures again here. Just pretend its tree lined edges instead of scallops.



I chose a sheet of the Designer Series Paper from the Beauty of the Earth Suite so I wouldn't have to use a "fill" stamp on my little tree-line stamp from Mountain Air. You could also use a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. In my video I had to use cardstock because I ran out of this DSP pattern, ugh! We make it work, right?

Cut to 12 x 8. You will score (horizontally) at the 6 inch mark. Those two inches will become the bottom of the treat bag later.

You will take your tree line die and line it up with the edge of your DSP/cardstock to cut in the edge of your treat bag. You will repeat this twice across the bag and run it through your Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.



Measurements for scoring the vertical lines: 
  • 1 inch
  • 2 inches
  • 5 3/4 inches
  • 6 3/4 inches
  • 7 3/4 inches
  • 11 1/2 inches
Cutting in your tabs on the bottom of the treat bag: 

  • Cut at the 2 inch score line and stop at the horizontal score line
  • Cut at the 5 3/4 inch line and stop at horizontal score line
  • Cut at the 7 3/4 inch line and stop at the horizontal score line
  • Cut the 11 1/2 inch piece off below the horizontal score line
Trim the 2 inch tabs in half and mitre each
Trim off about a quarter inch of the 3 3/4" tabs (this becomes the base of your bag) and mitre each 
For the half inch strip above the horizontal score line, mitre both edges. This becomes the tab you will use to glue your bag together at the side.
Adhere your smaller tabs to the base tabs and your treat bag is assembled!

THE STAMPING! (All the trees - a Lovely Dense Forest look)

Now it's time for some stamping! 

Using Old Olive Ink and Clear Block "I" (this is a longer stamp) line up at the top of the treat bag and stamp your image. You will do this twice at the top of the treat bag. There will be 3 small gaps. This stamp is forgiving. Just ink the edge of the stamp and blend in those three spots.

You will do several rows with this stamp all the way across your treat bag. I alternated the placement of the trees so they didn't line up exactly each time with the row above it. When you have about 3 inches left on your treat bag above the horizontal score line, you will switch to the tree stamp (large tree) from Beauty of Friendship stamp set. Also in Old Olive for the base layer. The detail stamp for the big tree will be inked in Evening Evergreen. See that last row in the pictures below. The details are darker along the horizontal score line.


The treat bag after it's been stamped all the way across above the horizontal score line

Pictured: The arrows point to the dies I used on this treat bag for the two trees and the DSP I cut it with (all from the same sheet)

For the die cutting using the Beautiful Trees dies (part of the Beauty of the Earth Suite) I used the largest tree base, detail die for the biggest tree and the middle size triangle tree base. I cut the detail die again to fit the middle size tree I just trimmed off a section. You will cut BOTH of the tree trunks/ branches dies provided. The biggest tree trunk is not pictured. This is the mid size tree trunk.



Die cut all of your tree pieces. Adhere the tree trunk to the tree base of each tree with multipurpose glue. Add that top detail layer with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the sides of the Dimensionals and cut them into smaller pieces so I could hide it behind the detail pieces.

Position the largest tree higher on the bag and the middle size tree so the bottom of the tree trunk is at the bottom of the treat bag. Stamp and die cut your sentiment. I used "You Truly Inspire Me" in Old Olive ink. I used the coordinating rectangle to cut out the sentiment. 

I chose Pacific Point to cut out the birds and dabbed on an eye with a Sharpie. Your Stampin' Blends would also be perfect. I perched one bird on the sentiment and one in a tree. I loved that final touch. I chose that color since its my son's favorite and one of these will go to his Daddy!

NOTE: If you choose to personalize your bag saying 'Dad' or Grandpa... I used the Playful Alphabet Dies there. (Not pictured)


So whether you choose a two-tone look like the treat bag on the left (above pictured) or a full sheet of the DSP like the one on the right (definitely the easier option) they both are fun and all about the lush Summer green forest! 

DID YOU KNOW?

There is a major deal on the Starter Kit in May (2021) Now until May 31st you can get $155 worth of product for $99, plus FREE SHIPPING! 

I'd love to have you join my team! What does that mean? While you are an active demonstrator you will receive a 20% discount on your product. If you decide not to meet your quarterly minimum you will go back to being a customer. You will never be pressured by me to sell. The majority of demonstrators are "hobby" demonstrators, meaning they do not sell but they do enjoy the demonstrator perks: first access to catalogs, first access to purchase new products and preorder products. Be a part of amazing crafting community and enjoy your 20% discount. I'm here to answer any questions! Let me know at stampingwithhart@gmail.com. 

If you are interested in a stamping business? Let me know and I'll be happy to guide you on your crafting dream journey! 

Purchase the Starter Kit here: Purchase the Starter Kit

Thank you for spending your time with me and for visiting my blog! I'd love to hear from you. Let me know your thoughts on the project if you are comfortable leaving a comment. You can also find me on YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram at Stamping with Hart.

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...