Friday, May 28, 2021

Batter Up! PARTY FAVORS?!?! Yes please! May 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternate Project #2

 

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TURN YOUR PAPER PUMPKIN CARDS INTO THESE FUN PARTY FAVORS OR TREAT HOLDERS? If so, you are in the right place!





Aren't they cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kit has such a strong, distinct theme this month and the stamps and die cuts themselves are BIG, so from a visual standpoint it really stands out and from a "nostalgia" standpoint, the look and feel of the projects we make with it transport us to some really fun memories.

Whenever I get a Paper Pumpkin kit I can almost instantly see an alternate I want to make with it and that is what you are seeing today. I visualized this party favor or snack treat bag because (since I love snacks) the first I think of when I see anything baseball theme is... FOOD! LOL I opened this kit and I immediately thought of a cracker jack box. I thought of popcorn. I thought of chewing gum (because they included it in the kit). I thought of peanuts. I just immediately wanted to create a holder for popcorn.

CREATING BACKGROUND PATTERNS WITH YOUR PAPER PUMPKIN STAMP SET


If you are new to creating backgrounds I have a few tips but the most important one is to relax and enjoy the stamping. Don't be afraid to mess up or get it "perfect." Just stamp. Some tips: 
- stamp images at a slight angle in different directions
- use multiple colors
- I stamp the full images where they will fit on the cardstock first and then fill in the open spaces and edges with partial stamps (see corners)
-Use one of your favorite patterns of Designer Series Paper as a reference or guide. How did the designers create their patterns?

I love stamp sets that include words and objects of the same theme. That makes for great backgrounds! Just have fun with it. 

I used leftover card bases to create these two backgrounds but you can also use a full cardstock sheet and really stamp your heart out. 

I also stuck to the coordinating colors of this month's Paper Pumpkin kit. 


My go-to dies for Treat Boxes like this (especially with a sports theme) are the ALL DRESSED UP DIES. In my book, they are a must-have die set. 



The shape of this - minus the straps - basically becomes a French fry shaped holder. You can certainly fit other things in here like baseball cards or Big League Chew (if that's still a thing), but I personally see these as party favors for a baseball theme birthday party or a fun tailgate party or even favors for a baseball game. I promise their popcorn will taste even better because they got it from the cutest treat holder they've ever seen!!! LOL

 I used Tear and Tape Adhesive to assemble the box. There is a side tab at the end of each panel to adhere sides. Then adhere the small tabs to the mid-size tab. Adhere the largest tab to the mid size tab to create your treat bag base (the bottom).

ALTERNATE PRODUCTS USED

-Stampin' Blends (because I'm addicted) Night of Navy Light/ Mango Melody Light/ Dark

-1 1/2" circle punch *no longer in catalog but use what you have or a die of similar size

-All Dressed Up Dies

-Paper Snips

-Coordinating Inks/ Cardstocks of the colors of the kit which are: Real Red, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Bumblebee and Pacific Point 






STAMPING WITH HART SCHEDULE UPDATES (if you are new to blog)

If you are new to my blog, my new "go live on Facebook" schedule is 7:30 p.m. EST on Thursdays and Sundays. I typically post the blog post tutorial and publish the "edited" version of the replay on YouTube the next day, if the schedule allows. The Facebook Business page is where we chat and show more behind the scenes - community - type stuff. YouTube is pretty much strictly for the tutorials so I will edit out the conversation and banter before posting a replay to YouTube. So, just an idea for the current schedule and how things work for Stamping with Hart at the moment in terms of social media/ blog stuff.

DID YOU KNOW? This is the last week for Stampin' Up!'s JOIN+ promotion! If you have a shopping list you can save $56 on product when you purchase the starter kit! Plus FREE Shipping! If you have questions do not hesitate to ask! This promotions ends 5/31/2021!

Join by clicking here: JOIN TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...