Thursday, May 20, 2021

Color & Contour Fun Continued! Two more card ideas (originally shown during Annual Catalog Launch)

 As promised on May 4, 2021, here is the tutorial for the cards I had briefly shown during my Catalog Launch walkthrough. They are so SPRING to me! I love them!



The Fresh Freesia Card actually coordinates with the Scalloped Edge Treat Bag from my last blog post & video. (See picture)



The Polished Pink card - my current fave In Color - is literally splashed with bright color throughout the whole card! The Color & Contour Bundle is a set that you will use again and again (as you can see I have been doing) since the catalog launch! 


I promise I will take a break from this set to feature other new fabulous stamp sets in the weeks to come but for today I want to deliver on my promise and share this tutorial with you. I am in full Spring mode in terms of card design. It's the combination of the new In Colors and flowers, I think. 

CARD 1 of 2:

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING (Polished Pink) CARD MEASUREMENTS:

Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" in Polished Pink Cardstock - Score at 4 1/4"

Layer 1: Basic White Scalloped Edge Rectangle (the largest in the Scalloped Contours Dies set)

Embellishment 1: 4 - Die Cut Flower Heads

Embellishment 2: 4 - Evening Evergreen Flower Stems

Embellishment 3: Open Weave Ribbon in Polished Pink

Embellishment 4: 12 - Genial Gems in Gold (3 are at the center of each flower)

Inside Layer: Basic White - 2nd largest Scalloped Rectangle in Scalloped Contours Die

Color & Contour Stamp Set:

Stamps we used on this card:

"Thank You for Everything" Sentiment Stamp

Splatter Pattern Stamp

Flower Head Outline Stamp

Note: I chose to color in my flower with Stampin' Blends. If you prefer "fill" stamps that easily color in the outline, this stamp set has a flower head fill stamp! This is a "two step" stamp set with coordinating dies if you decide to purchase the bundle. Just a reminder you save 10% when you purchase a bundle.

Let's go through the steps in pictures: 


Stamping the outline flower in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink since I will be coloring in the flowers with alcohol markers (Stampin' Blends). The Memento ink will not smear or bleed with these markers.


Here is the Stampin' Blends Polished Pink Combo (Light and Dark) shades. I used Light on two flowers and Dark on the other two. I did no special shading or blending here. My intent was to show off the difference in shades since Polished Pink is a new color that debuted in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog from Stampin' Up!


Coloring Flower Image with Polished Pink LIGHT Stampin' Blend


Even though this die cuts out a different flower and stem stamp in the Color & Contour Bundle, I am going to use the stem of this and glue the flowers I just colored onto it. So we only need the die here with Evening Evergreen cardstock. You will need 4 stems for this card and 3 for the other card in this blog post.



How fun is this splatter stamp?! Using it as a background on this card in Polished Pink. Focused on staying inside the rectangle. Overlap is totally fine. Let this be a worry free stamping job!





Arrange your bouquet after you have assembled your flowers. I chose to pop up my flowers on Stampin' Dimensionals. Add your Open Weave Ribbon bow in Polished Pink. I adhered mine with Tear and Tape Adhesive. You could also hot glue. Use a stronger adhesive with a 3D embellishment like ribbon if you want it to stay put for awhile. I added Genial Gems in gold in the centers of each flower, 2 per flower. 


The last step is to add your second scalloped rectangle to the inside of the card. I did not add a picture of that here but you can see the video tutorial on YouTube which is linked to this blog. 

CARD 2

THANK YOU CARD (Coordinates with Scalloped Gift Bag)

Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8" in Basic White Cardstock - Score at 4"

Layer 1: 4 - Fresh Freesia Scalloped Edge Strips (one side scalloped per strip) placed back to back

Layer 2: 2 - Gingham Designer Series Paper Strips in Fresh Freesia

Layer 3: 3- 1/2" strips of Fresh Freesia Cardstock

Layer 4: Thank You Sentiment (Smallest Scallop Edge Rectangle Die)  

Embellishment 1: 3 - Die Cut Flower Heads

Embellishment 2: 3 - Evening Evergreen Flower Stems

Embellishment 3: Open Weave Ribbon in Fresh Freesia (The bow and 3 strips that cover the 1/2 inch cardstock layers)

NOTE: I ran out of Genial Gems. If I had them they'd be in the center of the flowers like the card above so if you'd like to add those I just wanted to mention this.

Color & Contour Stamp Set/ Stamps we used on this card:

"Thank You for Everything" Sentiment Stamp (Stamped "Thank You" only)

Flower Head Outline Stamp

I will not be using as many photos for this card because the flower process is exactly the same just with Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends instead of Polished Pink. 

Here I wanted to show the Scallop Edge Die I used on the Treat Bag and now for the Fresh Freesia cardstock layers of this card.

CUT: 1 1/2" x 4 Freesh Freesia Cardstock Strips (you need 4 of them for this card)

Line up the Scallop Edge Die pictured below on the edge of each strip. I noted in my video and I want to note here that I didn't perfectly line up the scallop edges per strip. You could do that. I did not. I thought it looked really pretty even though the scallops were a little different per strip.

Once you cut in your scallop edge, take each piece and trim it down to 1 inch. Save that 1/2 strip from each piece. We will use those for another layer.




Place the scallop strips back to back and I placed them toward the edge of the card on each side so there is enough room in the middle for that 1/2 inch Fresh Freesia strip.


Once you have your scalloped edge strips placed on your card next you will add your Gingham DSP Layers.

CUT: 1 x 4 inch strips (2 of them) of the Gingham Designer Series Paper. You can find this pattern in the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper Pack.

Place and adhere the Designer Series Paper layers over your scallop edge strips in the center.

The next step is to take the 1/2 inch Fresh Freesia Cardstock strips and we are going to place that in the center of the Gingham DSP (BUT before we add those 1/2 inch strips we are going to wrap them with ribbon! So FANCY!) See pictures below for placement of layers and ribbon.


After you get all of your cardstock, DSP and Ribbon layers done you will add your Freesh Freesia flowers. Even though coloring and assembly not pictured it is the same process as the first card. I chose Three Flowers. The middle flower is higher toward top of card. The two side flowers are about middle and angled so the stems point and will be covered by the sentiment rectangle.


Stamping "Thank You" sentiment it would not fit in the smallest rectangle if I included the whole phrase so I covered the words I did not want to stamp and inked "Thank You" in Fresh Freesia to get this simplified Thank You sentiment.


Here are a few differences I wanted to point out with the original card and then the follow up card I created to match the Treat Bag from last week's blog/ tutorial.

The first card does not include the Gingham DSP. (Still beautiful!) Used a different sentiment and Evening Evergreen ink. I added Genial Gems in gold to the centers of each flower (3 per center).

The second card includes the Gingham DSP, has the Thank You sentiment (to coordinate with the Treat Bag sentiment) it is stamped in Fresh Freesia ink and I used a bow above the Thank You sentiment after I ran out of the Genial Gems. 


Here again is a picture of the coordinating Treat Bag and Card. Which is your favorite? Let me know!



HERE IS THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...