Friday, May 20, 2022

Paper Pumpkin May 2022 ALTERNATE CARD IDEAS: Celebrating In Color Kit fr...


Before we talk about the May Kit Alternate Ideas let's talk about the June Kit! 



Subscribe by June 10, 2022!

Now let's talk about the May Paper Pumpkin Kit: Celebrating In Color...

The Cards Designed by the Paper Pumpkin Team

I love the card kit just the way the Paper Pumpkin designed them. Usually when I get a kit I like to adapt it more to my style but this kit is SO EASY and SO STUNNING I really didn't want to change much. I took a closer look at what the designers did and I decided to do complimentary techniques for my alternates because I loved what they chose to do. Here were the elements I loved:
  • Watercolor Technique
  • Ombre Look
  • In Color Shades (and coordinating products)
  • Clean lines
  • Focused on the Sentiment as the focal point of the cards
  • Pops of Gold

Alternate Ideas using the Stamp Set and Envelope Liners

When I see a stamp set that is mostly sentiments or words I immediately want to use the Stamparatus. You can stamp efficiently with this stamping tool so put those sentiments to use. The word "happy" was my favorite and, honestly, a happy kit so that became my focus for this first round of cards.

WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE ALTERNATES:
  • May Paper Pumpkin Kit
  • 2022-2024 In Color Ink, Cardstock, Embellishments 
  • Water Painters
  • Thick White Cardstock (or watercolor paper if you have it on hand)
  • Stamparatus
  • Gold Foil Sheets
  • Heat Embossing Products (VersaMark Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool)

This alternate was inspired by the Kit, an ombre watercolor look
using the stamp set inside the May Paper Pumpkin Kit


The main technique used for each of these alternates was an ombre watercolor look inside the stamped HAPPY image. I stamped it in each of the In Colors, stamped over each HAPPY again with VersaMark and heat embossed to create a sort of barrier to hold in the water and prevent bleeding outside of the HAPPY stamped image. I actually used the ink pad and just pressed some ink onto a clear block, dipped the tip of the water painter and colored the words.

In my opinion, the key is to not have the brush be too wet. Just damp enough to transfer the color is what you want. Keep a paper towel or scrap nearby where you can dab off if your brush gets too watery. Dip the tip once, color from the bottom up and the color will get lighter as you move up. There is your ombre look! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...