Monday, March 21, 2022

Paper Pumpkin March 2022 ALTERNATE IDEAS: Beyond the Horizon Card Kit


Here are some alternate cards from the March 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit

Here are the Cards as Designed by Paper Pumpkin for the March Kit

One of my alternates was a very simple modification into a Shaker Card
You can see the similarities between the Paper Pumpkin Card and My Alternate

Here are 3 Alternate Card Ideas Using the BONUS Stamp Set
and the Coordinating Colors from the March Paper Pumpkin Kit

Speaking of the coordinating colors... here is a chart I created
using a stamp from the kit and the colors listed on the instruction sheet
Note: 2 Blues, 2 Greens, 2 Oranges and 1 Yellow (so I added So Saffron so I could also have a second yellow to work with for the two step BONUS Stamp Set)

Even the box is cute! And if you want to see the unboxing and assembly video
that is available as a replay on my Facebook page (Stamping with Hart)

Slimline Alternates! I wanted to create an option where
fussy cutting was not necessary and this is what I came up with!


Bumblebee Floral Alternate Card (Bonus Stamp Set)

Bumblebee/ Misty Moonlight Slimline Alternate Card

Pale Papaya/ Calypso Coral Slimline Alternate Card


In this video tutorial I decided to show a little behind the scenes of my steps to creating alternate cards with Paper Pumpkin kits. It can vary from month to month but there are 3 tips I tend to use with every alternate and it tends to extend the use of your kit:

  • ALTERNATE DESIGN TIP #1: Cut up the envelopes and use patterns as Designer Series Paper
  • ALTERNATE DESIGN TIP #2: Stamp without a plan. Just get a feel for the look of the stamps that come in your kit and this can really help jumpstart ideas
  • ALTERNATE DESIGN TIP #3: Utilize the coordinating colors. So much of my design is because of the color combinations and the coordinating products in those shades that I have on hand. Go for the staples first like ink and cardstock but if you coordinating markers, ribbon, gems... play with those elements and before you know it you'll have alternates.
  • ALTERNATE DESIGN TIP #4: Use a stamp positioning tool (the Stamparatus) to make two step stamping easier... or to make multiples of a card in varying colors. 
When you are starting out with Paper Pumpkin you do not worry about anything other than what comes in the kit. If you are LOVING your kits... if you have started to add products in when you start assembling cards... you are ready for alternate projects.

It's like a craft box challenge every month to get these kits and then see what else I can get out of them or what other ideas I can provide to you so you can really maximize the use and value of your kits.

I hope you enjoyed today's alternate projects! In case you needed measurements for the alternate cards:

THE SLIMLINE CARD
  • Card Base: 8-1/2 x 7 and scored at 3-1/2
  • Basic White Layer: 3 x 7-1/4"
  • Misty Moonlight or Calypso Coral Layer: 3-1/4 x 7-1/2"
THE FLORAL FUSSY CUT FLOWERS CARDS
  • Card Base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4"
  • Stitched Rectangle 1: 2-1/2 x 4
  • Stitched Rectangle 2: 3-1/2 x 4-3/4"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for all this wonderful information. Love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy you found this helpful and enjoyed the projects!

      Delete

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...