Monday, August 9, 2021

Does it get any cuter than Penguin Place? NEW Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Goodies in Action!

 PENGUIN PLACE BUNDLE & SALE-A-BRATION DESIGNER SERIES PAPER


Here is the edited replay from Facebook Live. I will often edit out all of the talk during the livestream and shorten the video for those who may want to go back to re-create the card. If you love the conversational part of these livestreams I leave the original lives on my Facebook page that you can watch at any time. 


There are those items when I first go through a new catalog that I know I HAVE to have and Penguin Place (the bundle) fit that bill.

Since it isn't quite Winter yet I decided to go with a birthday card but the same holds true for seasonal or winter theme cards as Christmas cards - the more you make ahead of time the easier it will be when you have to send out these adorable birthday cards and make someone's day! Especially consider those kids/ loved ones that have birthdays close to holidays. Giving them an extra special, extra sparkly, extra cute card will make his/her day!

You can find the Penguin Place Bundle in the new July to December 2021 Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up! or in the Stampin' Up! store. The coordinating penguin designer series paper can be found (for a limited time) in the Sale-a-Bration brochure that runs from August 3-September 30, 2021 or while supplies last.

If you are new to Sale-a-Bration, Stampin' Up! offers rewards when you spend $50 or $100 (before tax). You get to choose items from the Sale-a-Bration brochure for free and the penguin paper is one of those items. This is the first time this promotion is being offered in August/ September with holiday themes. It's a great time to stock up and earn free products. 

Ready to Shop and Earn free rewards? Click here to shop 

Here are the products I used on today's card:

  • Penguin Place Bundle (new Mini Catalog)
  • Penguin Playmates 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-Bration Item)
  • Black Glitter Paper
  • Fresh Freesia Cardstock and Ink
  • Basic White Cardstock
  • Calypso Coral Ink and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Black and White Gingham Ribbon (new Mini Catalog)
  • Basic Rhinestone Jewels
  • Stampin' Seal +

Card Measurements:

  • Card Base (Fresh Freesia): 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 - Scored at 4 1/4"
  • Penguin Playmates DSP: 3 1/2 x  3 3/4
  • Black Glitter Paper: 4 x 4 1/4
  • Basic White Cardstock Strip: 1 x 3 3/4
  • Black Glitter Paper Strip: 1 1/2 x 3 3/4
  • Inside Card Layer: 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Gingham Ribbon (I used about 17 1/2 Inches)

About the card design: 

This card is so cute! The only things I would mention is to make sure you can see your penguin playmates on the designer series paper layer because they are so cute! You don't need to see all three but I recommend cutting the paper so you can see a few of them. 

For what would be the penguin's feet - I actually turned them into hands! Just punch out two with the Black Glitter Paper and I positioned them on the flippers so they looked liked the hands were holding the present.

I love the Black Glitter Paper (a returning favorite in the new Mini "holiday" catalog) for the Penguin Place bundle and particularly, for the punched out penguins. So cute!

If you want to dress up the inside of your card, take the Basic White cardstock layer and create a fun border with the snowflake stamp. I chose Fresh Freesia ink for this but any color would be beautiful.

Coordinating Stampin' Up! Colors:

I just wanted to show you the color combo Stampin' Up! chose for this fun Designer Series Paper (available in the Sale-a-Bration brochure). This is often how I choose what I my inks and cardstocks will be. I like to create fun charts. This is the balloon stamp from the Penguin Place stamp set. 



Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 2021 (July to December Mini Catalog/ Sale-a-Bration Brochure)

I hope you enjoyed this fun and festive birthday card! Be sure to sign up for my email list so you don't miss a thing! Join My Email List

Have a great day and happy crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 Alternate Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card Ideas

You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here:  https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2212777 You can check out the Starter Kit with ...