Friday, June 18, 2021

Create Simple Backgrounds with a Stamp Set After the Coordinating Design...



Aren't they cute!!!!!!! I have a major fan of Nemo living in my house so it was about time I dusted off this stamp set and created something with it. Problem was I had waited so long the Designer Series Paper that coordinated with it retired and while it was fine to use in my personal life projects (like appreciation gifts for my son's classmates) I did not want to demonstrate retired products to you because, well, that's incredibly frustrating if you can't order what I show.

I decided to study the Designer Series Paper patterns the artists created when they launched the Whale suite and had several immediate takeaways: one character in repeat - splatter - color - simplicity

So, easy enough! I started experimenting with background patterns using Whale Done and Color & Contour stamp sets and found the simpler it was the more I liked it and I hope you find this simple and fun as well. 


Cut one sheet of Basic White Cardstock in 12 x 12 into quarters so you end up with FOUR 6 x 6 squares.

Pick your sea creature (above is the super cute turtle)

Pick a background pattern stamp. I chose the splatter stamp from Color & Contour stamp set.

For the TURTLE CARD: Color Combo: Pool Party, Soft Succulent, Basic Black and Basic White.

Stamp your splatter pattern on all four 6 x 6 cardstock squares - all over each one in Pool Party.

Stamp your turtle in Soft Succulent slightly alternating their swimming pattern all over the square.

Stamp your sentiment "My love for you is deeper than the ocean" in Memento Tuxedo Black. 

CARD MEASUREMENTS:

5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4" - Pool Party Cardstock Card Base (for all of the cards)

Basic Black Framing Layer ( 1/16" frame around our background paper) cut to 4 1/16 x 5 5/16

Background Stamp Layer 4 x 5 1/4"

Sentiment Layer: Basic White in 3/4 x 2 3/4" & The Frame for Sentiment 1 x 3" in Pool Party Cardstock

Inside Layer: Basic White in 4 x 5 1/4" 

Ribbon: 20" of Pool Party (wrap background layer 3 times)

Embellishments: Genial Gems (in green) 3 per card


Whale Color Combo: Misty Moonlight & Pool Party

Jellyfish Color Combo: Gorgeous Grape & Pool Party





I hope you enjoyed today's project! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know if you enjoy making background patterns with your stamps.

Thank you for spending time with me today and happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASY FUN FOLD CARD with Lily Pond Lane from Stampin' Up!

If you would like the June 2024 In Color Club Order List email me: stampingwithhart@gmail.com EASY FUN FOLD - Card Measurements Card Base: 5...